Social Services for Patients and Families
Thank you for choosing PRMC for your healthcare. Our social services staff support you and your family during your hospital stay and help you plan for your post-hospital needs. There is no extra charge for this service.
Help During Your Stay for You and Your Family
- Handle emotional stress while separated from your family.
- Determine your full range of needs upon discharge.
- Prepare for your post-hospital care.
- Planning for your hospital discharge.
Healing at Home
If the discharge plan is expected to be complicated, a social worker will be involved to assist you. The social worker will assess your needs and explore resources available to help you meet your post-hospital needs. Social services staff will meet with you and your family early in your hospital stay.
Factors in the assessment include:
- Physical and emotional needs at the time of discharge.
- Amount of assistance available from family.
- Resources available in the community to help with your care.
- Financial resources.
- Following the assessment of these factors, the social worker will provide information regarding possible options to help you make informed choices.
As part of the plan, the department can help you obtain a variety of services, such as:
- Home healthcare
- Medical equipment
- Financial assistance
- Cancer assistance
- Other community services for which you may qualify
- Skilled nursing facility placement
- Assisted living
Request a Visit
If you need to speak with a social worker outside of these hours, please contact the PRMC nursing supervisor, who will contact the social service manager.
Spiritual and Emotional Support
To assist in meeting the spiritual and emotional needs of patients and their families, PRMC provides pastoral care for all faiths at any time of day or night.
Our chaplain ministers according to your personal convictions, in an atmosphere of faith-based concern. We recognize and honor the dignity of each person.
You will be visited by the PRMC chaplain, or you may request that we contact your own minister.
Contact Pastoral Care
To contact Pastoral Care from your hospital room, dial extension 1415, Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
If the chaplain is away from his desk, you may leave a message. After hours and on weekends, ask your nurse or the hospital telephone operator to contact the chaplain or the minister on-call.
Chaplain Tom Harrison