Social Services for Patients and Families
Thank you for choosing PRMC for your healthcare. Our social services staff support you and your family during your hospital stay and help you plan for your post-hospital needs. There is no extra charge for this service.
Help During Your Stay for You and Your Family
- Handle emotional stress while separated from your family.
- Determine your full range of needs upon discharge.
- Prepare for your post-hospital care.
- Planning for your hospital discharge.
Healing at Home
Waiting rooms are provided but if the patient’s condition has stabilized, we encourage you to go home and rest. If you leave us a phone number, we will notify you of any significant changes in the patient’s condition, day or night. You may also call the ICU at any time to check on the condition of a patient. That number is (620) 450-1325.
Factors in the assessment include:
- Physical and emotional needs at the time of discharge.
- Amount of assistance available from family.
- Resources available in the community to help with your care.
- Financial resources.
- Following the assessment of these factors, the social worker will provide information regarding possible options to help you make informed choices.
As part of the plan, the department can help you obtain a variety of services, such as:
- Home healthcare
- Medical equipment
- Financial assistance
- Cancer assistance
- Other community services for which you may qualify
- Skilled nursing facility placement
- Assisted living
Request a Visit
Social workers from PRMC are available at the hospital Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. To request a visit, call (620) 450-1413 or (620) 450-1412.
If you need to speak with a social worker outside of these hours, please contact the PRMC nursing supervisor, who will contact the social service manager.